Oh, the ever dynamic world of Australian Migration! Always changing, always more expensive, always fewer opportunities.
In addition to the government’s unprecedented changes which occurred on 19 April, brace yourselves for more changes on 1 July…
Visa application Charges (VAC) will go up again on 1 July.
According to the Department,
From 1 July 2017 all current VACs will be indexed annually in line with the forecast Consumer Price Index
(CPI) and rounded to the nearest $5.
The indexation only applies to the 1st instalment component of the VAC.
Indexation does not apply to 2nd instalment VACs.
The indexation of 1st instalment VACs applies to both primary and secondary applicants.
Please open the document below to see the complete list of increases.
- For Employer Nominated (ENS/RSMS) Visas, the English language requirement for all applicants will be raised to competent English (IELTS 6) – with Transitional (from 457 visa) and Direct Entry requirements to be consistent
- The upper age limit for Direct Entry ENS and RSMS will be lowered to 45 years of age
- There will be further changes to occupations lists.
And in November?
Ta Da, the new Temporary Sponsored Parent visa…
- $5000 for 3 years
- $10,000 for 5 years
- Maximum of two 5 year visas
- No work rights
- 15,000 places
- ??? whether you will be able to apply for any other visas whilst onshore (eg Aged Parent, Partner etc)