International student? Finished your studies? Apply for a Graduate Visa To Stay In Australia!

08 Jan


You’ve finished your studies and are on to the next stage of your life! Congratulations and well done!

Would you like to continue living in Australia? Have you ever thought about a Subclass 485, Temporary Graduate Visa? This visa would provide you with the opportunities and work experience which could set you up for a general skilled migration or employer sponsored, but could further lead into Australian Permanent Residence.

Here are some important tips and criteria to increase your chances of getting that Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa.


Two Streams to the 485 Visa

There are two streams to the Subclass 485 visa, the Graduate work stream and the post-qualification work stream.


Requirements Snapshot
  • You must have undertaken a CRICOS registered course or series of courses in Australia for a cumulative period of at least 2 years. This two year needs to equate to at least 92 weeks.
  • You must apply within 6 months of your course completion date. This will usually be displayed on your letter of completion, this is not the date of your graduation, or the date on your qualification certificate. At the time of application, you must either hold a current student visa, or have held one within the last 6 months.
  • You must have the required level of English by the date of your visa application. Note that there are exceptions to this requirement, such as passport holders from select countries.
  • There are a range of approved organisations that an English language test may be obtained through and English test results will remain valid for 3 years.
  • You must apply for a skills assessment before you lodge your visa application if you are applying via the Graduate Work Stream.
  • Those who have acquired a Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate and meet the criteria for the Post Study Work Stream will not require a skills assessment.
  • You will need to be able to show adequate healthcare insurance At the time of application, you will only need to show that you have obtained Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC), however, you will need to supply evidence of Working Visa cover for the application to be approved.


The Minister has announced  second 485 visas for regional students, commencing 2012

International graduates from a regional campus can apply for a second Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) with an extra year of post-study work. The second Temporary Graduate visa will require ongoing residence in a regional area.

International students need to graduate from a regional campus with a bachelor degree or higher qualification and then spend at least two years living in a regional area. This means applicants can apply from 2021


The option to apply for a second Subclass 485 Visa will only be open from the end of 2021. This means that you will need to have studied in a regional area, and still be holding your first Subclass 485 Visa, when the option opens up.You will also need to be willing to continue living and working in the regional area whilst holding the second Subclass 485 Visa.


Is this the right visa for you?  Find out fast by ….

Booking  your consultation here…

….. and we’ll get you started on the road to your Subclass 485 Graduate Visa!

Stay On Top Of The Latest In Immigration News And Changes!

Get one step closer to making Australia home!