Getting your super back.

While you work away on your Subclass 457 Visa (or other temporary visa with work rights), your employer by law must make superannuation payments on your behalf. Clients often ask us how they can retrieve their super contributions once their temporary visa has ceased and they leave the country.

According to the Australian Tax Office you can claim the super benefits you have accumulated while working in Australia. if all the following apply:-

  • You visited on a temporary visa (excluding a retirement/ retirement investor visas).
  • Your visa has expired.
  • You have left Australia.
  • You are not A New Zealand citizen.

Your claim will generally be for a “departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP).

The ATO has some helpful information  on DASP which you’ll find here.

Need help with your visa? Contact us now to explore all your visa options. To book a consultation now, click here