The Department have finally updated the Subclass 408 COVID-19 Visa Form today (22 April 2020).
The updated form is tailored towards the specific circumstances 408 COVID-19 visa applicants are in.
All questions should now be fairly self-explanatory – see below…..
- Page 12 addresses whether you intend to work in a critical sector.
- Page 14 addresses whether you are currently employed or will be seeking employment
- Page 17 addresses whether you will receive remuneration while in Australia, and how your stay will be funded
- Page 18 requests details of countries where you have resided for more than 12 months in the last 10 years
- Page 20 requests health insurance details
- Page 21 contains standard health declarations, which may determine whether health examinations are required
- Page 22 contains standard character declarations, which may determine whether police checks are required (together with page 18) and if the visa period sought is more than 12 months
- Page 24 contains standard visa declarations
The application form is thankfully now fairly straight forward and should result in less confusion.
If you have any questions or would like advice on your eligibility for the 408 COVID-19 visa or any other visa, please book in a free consultation with our office.