Student Visa Holders – Adding Your Partner
Student Visa - Adding Your Partner or Spouse

Student Visa - Adding Your Partner or Spouse

If you currently hold a Student visa it is possible to add your spouse or de facto partner to your student visa as a secondary applicant.


Your partner can be in Australia or outside Australia

Your spouse or de facto partner can be inside or outside Australia at the time of applying for the visa.

Your spouse or de facto partner will be granted a student visa with the same work rights you have on your student visa, which will expire on the same date as your student visa.


Important to know!

Whilst adding your partner is a relatively straightforward process, you cannot do so if you did not disclose your partner or spouse on your original Student Visa application.

If you find yourself in this situation, you will need our professional advice to overcome this issue. We recommend that you Book a Consultation with us now.


“Just had my subclass 500 visa granted which allowed me to be added to my partners PhD visa. After my girlfriend initially not including me on her original visa I thought that I would not be able to get added onto her PhD visa as there is a considerable amount of conflicting information online surrounding this. However, Seamus reassured me on the very first call and subsequently Amy handled our case. Amy clearly explained everything and made the process straight forward. Had we not used AHWC I have no doubt we’d not be here right now.
Thank you to the whole team and especially Amy for all the work, we couldn’t be happier!”
James Wilson | February 2020, 5 Star Google Review


Student visa partners