The Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa (fiancé visa), is for people who want to come to Australia to marry their fiancé.
Eligibility For the Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa
- You must be outside Australia to apply for the Subclass 300 Prospective Marriage Visa, and you must also be outside Australia when the visa is granted.
- You must have met your fiancé in person, and have evidence of your relationship together.
- Your fiancé must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or an Eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Your fiancé in Australia, must have made arrangements for your marriage. This includes making arrangements with the relevant religious institution which will be responsible for marrying you, or a celebrant, or a registry office; plus your fiancé must have lodged a Notice Of Intention to Marry (A NOIM must be lodged at least one month and one day prior to the marriage – it is a legal requirement in Australia).
- The marriage must be scheduled to take place during the nine months of the visa validity once it has been granted.
Advantages of a Prospective Marriage Visa
- You can bring your fiancé into Australia, with fewer evidence requirements with respect to your relationship, which means that if you don’t meet the requirements for the Provisional Partner Visa, you can still apply for this visa.
- Often, the processing periods are shorter, and the case officers look for less evidence than with the other types of Partner Visas.
- If you have met your fiancé in person, and can only provide a little evidence, the visa will still be granted.
- The Prospective Marriage Visa also allows you to get to know your fiancé a little better before your marriage takes place.
When the visa is in effect
- The Subclass 300 prospective marriage visa is a temporary visa granted for nine months.
- During this period you are expected to marry your fiancé and apply for a Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa.
- Provided you apply for a Subclass 820 Temporary Partner Visa before your Subclass is 300 Visa expires, you will be granted a bridging visa to allow you to remain in Australia while your Subclass 820 Partner visa is processed.
- Once your Subclass 820 Partner Visa is lodged, you are entitled to Medicare, and you will continue to have full work rights.
In some circumstances, it is possible for a subclass 300 visa holder to apply for a subclass 820 visa without marrying their fiancé.
“Words cannot express how grateful and happy we are for getting our partner visa granted in only 7 months. This was the best news we could hope for and so life changing in all aspects. All this thanks to the Team at AHWC and especially Patrick who has been of tremendous help from start to finish.
Patrick has been so professional during the whole process. It all felt quite confusing and very complicated for us to handle alone but he made it so easy and stress free. Everything was clear and our application was lodged decision ready. Never would we have thought going into this that we would get a visa so quickly ! The service provided is definitely worth each cent. Thank you so much.”Eric & Caroline H (Google Review)
Want to find out more about the Prospective Marriage Visa, and whether or not you are eligible to apply for one?
Contact us today and book a Partner Visa Consultation with one of our Partner Visa Lawyers, or Partner Visa Migration Agents, and we will make your dreams come true by bringing your fiancé to live with you in Australia. See the full range of Partner Visa possibilities here.
“My fiancé and I don’t know how to give thanks enough to AHWC specially we would like to say a huge Thank You to Seamus Taffe, Patrick Douglas, Alice O’Brien and team. They were all so kind and friendly giving us all the proper information that we needed in perfect and professional time and manner for our visa needs.
The Visa was granted within 3.5 months to our amazement.
Now my fiancé and I are so happy to be together in Australia. Once again Thanks a lot Patrick Douglas and the whole team at AHWC. You have made our dreams come true and we could not have done it without you. We totally recommend “AHWC Immigration Law” to everybody who is looking for a prompt and professional service for all their visa needs. We will definitely be back with AHWC soon after our wedding for the next step. Once again, THANK YOU AHWC!!!!”
Louise Pham (Google Review)