Outside Australia? Subclass 309/100 Offshore Partner Visa
Based on 252 reviews.
Ciaran Kehoe
Ciaran Kehoe
4. March, 2022.
PR application was approved 6 months after completing the application through AHWC. Patrick was a great help and made the whole process very easy. would definitely recommend!
Barbara Rehman
Barbara Rehman
2. March, 2022.
Well I was not a patient person it took years for our partner visa but Patrick ohh he put up with my contestants calling him.he is the most best person to help with visa.. please if you need a person to do your visa it has to be Patrick
D. Cohen
D. Cohen
25. February, 2022.
The folks at AHWC really took care of me and my needs. They were super professional, informative and stayed on top of my application and made sure to keep me in the loop during the entire process. If you need any help with your AUS immigration needs, don't hesitate to reach out to them. Tell them that D. sent you! It won't get you a discount, but it will make them either laugh or say, "That's awesome, Mate!"
Rebecca Humphreys
Rebecca Humphreys
21. February, 2022.
I have had a superb experience with the team at AHWC. They first helped me to quickly submit my 820-visa in early 2020 which was approved within 5 months! I was so pleased with my experience that when it came time to submit the second part of my visa (801) this year, I contacted the team to assist me again without hesitation. This time around Charisse was helping me to submit my visa. Charisse got my visa ready to submit in no time and was amazing throughout the whole process. Her communication was great, she let me know what was required and was able to give me solutions to any problems I had – always promptly answering my questions which was extremely helpful! I will highly recommend AHWC’s service to anyone looking for help to submit their visa!
vanessa king
vanessa king
17. February, 2022.
Charisse at AHWC is amazing! She helped me and my boyfriend lodge his visa and was with us every step of the way. She helped us work through all of the paperwork which can seem so daunting at first. I could not recommend her enough, especially with how efficient she is with actioning everything for us! Thank you again Charisse!
Ihab Housaiki
Ihab Housaiki
16. February, 2022.
Exceptional Service, Efficient and Quick process! Patrick was Amazing in the whole process! Very attentive and great in communicating and sharing his knowledge! Highly recommended
Our Home
Our Home
30. January, 2022.
I had a very positive experience with AHWC, and I highly recommend them. My initial consultation was with Seamus, and he was very thorough with his explanations. Charisse dealt with our case, and she was very professional, polite, and friendly. She was always patient with me, and I highly appreciate her guidance and support. She constantly kept me informed and was remarkably prompt at answering all my queries, via phone and e-mail. She was such a joy to deal with, and she helped me every step of the way. Thank you, Charisse! I greatly appreciate your assistance throughout the whole process.
Qiting Hu
Qiting Hu
17. January, 2022.
AHWC is very professional! Had Xiaodan (Amy) to help me apply for the partner visa, she guided and helped us through the whole process, much easier than working these out by ourselves. Highly recommended!
Hadil Burghul
Hadil Burghul
13. January, 2022.
I highly recommend AHWC for anyone seeking assistance in their immigration visa. I (a British) wanted to apply for the partner visa as my husband is a permanent resident in Australia lives here in Australia. As part of our due diligence, we contacted several agencies including AHWC. We were impressed from the beginning with AHWC's knowledge of the process. They provided clear guidance and timely communications throughout the entire process. I would like to thank Seamus Taaffe and Chloe White at AHWC for their great services. I also worked with Chloe White again and Charisse Ongoco for the second half of my partner visa subclass 801 visa. Both of them were professional and they always answer promptly and provide a great service.
Lara Sim
Lara Sim
8. January, 2022.
AHWC Immigration Law offers a team that is a pleasure to work with. Professional help from them has proven to speed up the long wait for visa processing as the documents you finally submit is more likely to be clear and concise. Thank you to Charisse Ongoco who offered prompt response, helpful advice, and great attention to detail.


If you’re outside Australia apply for a (Subclass 309/100 Offshore Partner Visa)


 If you’re  an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen, and you have a partner who lives overseas, you’ll need to consider a Subclass 309/100  Offshore Partner Visa.

If you are not quite ready for a Partner Visa (i.e. you don’t have quite enough evidence, or you just like to get to know each other better) another alternative is a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300).


 The Subclass 309/100 Offshore Partner Visa has two stages

The first stage is the Subclass 309, the offshore Provisional Partner Visa. You are entitled to apply for the Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa two years from the date of application for the Subclass 309 Visa.


  • You must apply for this visa when you are outside of Australia.
  • You must be married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • If you are in a de facto relationship, you must be able to provide evidence of being in this relationship for at least 12 months, or your relationship is registered in a relevant state or territory of Australia.
  •  You must also demonstrate that:
    • you have met each other in person and your relationship is genuine
    • your relationship is exclusively between yourself and your partner
    • if you do not live together (and it’s hard to do so if one of you is outside of Australia), that you do not live apart on a permanent basis.


Sponsorship requirements

Your sponsor must be:

  • As stated above, an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • Your sponsor must not have previously sponsored more than one partner, or have sponsored a partner within the last five years.
  • Your sponsor must not have been convicted of certain “relevant offences” or have a significant criminal record. “Relevant offences” include violence offences, offences against women or children and sexual offences.


Health and character

The visa applicant must meet the health and character requirements of the visa. Essentially this means that you must meet “the character test” which means that you do not have a substantial criminal record, eg,  a sentence or series of sentences amounting to more than 12 months in prison (whether or not the sentence is suspended, or shortened for whatever reason).

The health requirement is met if you do not have any significant mental or physical ailments, that will either prevent an Australian citizen gaining access to medical care or which costs in excess of $49,000 over a period of 10 years of your stay in Australia once your visa has been granted.

You can read more about health and character issues in our blog post here.


 Visa costs

The visa application for this visa is  $7,715.00

In addition to the Visa Application Charge, you should also budget for the following costs:

  • Health and medical examinations – approximately $550 each
  • Police certificates – approximately $50 each
  • Biometrics (if required) – >$100


Need help with your Visa Costs? AHWC has recently partnered with Fox Finance who provide loans for Partner Visa applications.

Click here to find out more.


 Visa grant

Once the visa is granted, you can travel to Australia immediately as a temporary resident of Australia. As stated above, two years after your visa application date, you may apply for the Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa, and once your application is lodged you may apply for Medicare.

Once the Permanent Partner Visa application is in process, there is generally no requirement for further health checks or police certificates.


Don’t risk your Partner Visa application being refused, use an experienced Registered Migration Agent or Immigration Lawyer skilled in Partner Visas.


If you are considering lodging a partner visa, we strongly advise that you book a visa consultation with one of our Partner Visa specialists.

If you want a perfect Partner Visa application with no hard work – talk to the AHWC Immigration Law Partner visa specialists today!


Where your future is concerned, it’s best to err on the side of caution –  Especially when you can take advantage of our  ” No Visa, No Fee Guarantee” which applies to our Partner Visa applications.


Book A Partner Visa Consultation Here