This step-by-step guide will show you how to register your company on the Jobactive website.
Step One: Register Your Details and Verify Your Business
You will need the following information to begin your registration:
- Australian Business Number
- Name of Business
- Business Address
- Contact person including phone and email details
After filling in your main details, you will be sent a pin via mobile to verify your contact details and continue registration. Choose your password and security questions.
You will then be sent an email to activate your Jobactive employer account. Once you click on the link in the email, the registration process will be complete and you will be assigned a User ID.
Step 2: Sign In and Post A Job Advert
Every time you log into Jobactive, you will need to enter a verification code that will be sent to the company’s representatives mobile number. Once you enter the verification code, you will be taken to the company’s dashboard.
To create a job, click on the ‘Create a Job’ tab at the top of the page of the dashboard (highlighted above).
You will then need to enter details of the position, including the following information:
- Job Title of the Position: This should match the position that will be listed on the expatriate applicant’s contract
- Vacancy address: This should also match employment location that will be listed on the expatriate applicant’s contract
- Job Industry: Select the relevant drop down option for your company
- Occupation: This should also match the nominated immigration occupation for the expatriate employee’s Australian visa application
- In order to satisfy the TSS Subclass 482 visa requirements, the position will need to be listed as a full time and permanent position.
You will then need to provide a description of the role. This should include the following information:
- A list/description of the duties and responsibilities of the role; and
- The employment experience, qualification or registration requirements of the role.
- There are three options that you can select in how to apply:
- apply online;
- email the address provided; or
- please see description (in above job description).
- The number of positions: this must be at least one;
- Expiry date: to take in account any delays with Jobactive posting the advert and to ensure that it runs for at least 28 consecutive days, we would recommend setting the expiry date to the maximum allowed, which is currently 32 days.
- Job Type: please select ‘normal position’ to ensure this satisfies the TSS Subclass 482 visa criteria;
- Hours: please enter at least 38 hours;
- Salary: in order to ensure that this satisfies the TSS Subclass 482 visa criteria, you will need to select the one of the below options that corresponds to the applicant’s salary (for example, if the TSS Subclass 482 visa applicant’s salary will be $75,000, you should select the $60,001 to $80,000 drop down option):
- $40,000 to $60,000
- $60,001 to $80,000
- $80,001 to $100,000
(If the salary will be over $96,400, then it is not a requirement for the salary to be listed on the job advertisements and you can also list ‘not specified’ in this scenario.)
- If relevant, please include an internal reference number and select from any of the above options
- You will also need to confirm the contact details for the company representative
- You can also add any extra questions
You can then click on the ‘Create Job’ button at the bottom of the page.
The advert will then be sent to Jobactive for a member of their team to review and the advert will be assigned a Job ID. Pending jobs normally appear on Jobactive within 24 to 48 hours of being submitted and the 28-day requirement will start from this date that it is approved and posted.
Step 3: Screenshot to satisfy the Labour Market Testing criteria
In order to satisfy the Department of Home Affairs’ criteria for Jobactive advertisements, a company will need to provide a screenshot that confirms the adverts Jobactive ID. It will need to prove it was posted at least 28-days ago and the other LMT criteria (salary if under $96,400, full time etc). Please find below a screenshot that would satisfy this criteria.
It is important to take the screenshot while the advert is still active and visible on Jobactive to evidence that it has been posted for 28-days. Once the advert has been closed, you will not be able to access this information.
WARNING: Jobactive Date Error
Currently there is an issue if you update or edit a Jobactive advert once it is active, the posting date resets. This means that in order to evidence that the Jobactive listing has been active for 28 days, the advert would need to be listed for a further four weeks from the date it was updated/edited to satisfy the labour market testing criteria.
The Workaround: If you need to list the advert for longer to ensure that it has been posted for 28 consecutive days, you can extend the expiry date through the My Jobs section, which is accessible through the dashboard. You can select Extend from the ‘Manage Job’ drop down selection.