Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa
  • Permanent Residency: Visa holders can live, work, and study in Australia indefinitely.
  • Medicare: Access to Australia’s health care scheme.
  • Citizenship: Potential to apply for Australian citizenship once eligible.
  • Family: Can sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency

If you are currently the holder of a Subclass 491  or 494 visa looking to move over to your 191 visa, book a consultation with one of our knowledgeable migration agents or immigration lawyers in order to find out how this process works and whether you meet the right criteria.

We highly recommend scheduling a consultation for your visa situation. It will provide clarity and help you understand the necessary steps to move forward.

Alternatively, you can give us a call on 03 9573 5200 and we can book it in for you.

Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa

Subclass 191 Permanent Residence (Skilled Regional) Visa

Eligibility Criteria
  • Hold a subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa or a subclass 494 Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) visa.
  • While the holder of either a 491 or a 494 visa, have lived for at least 3 years in a Designated Regional Area of Australia and have a taxable income at or above a specified threshold for at least 3 years.
  • Primary applicant and secondary applicants (family members) must all, live, work and study, where applicable, in a Designated Regional Area.
Visa grant period
  • 5 years



Skilled Regional Permanent