The minimum requirements of the transition stream of this Subclass 186 visa are set out below:
- Employer Requirements
- Position Requirements
- Visa Applicant Requirements
- Application Requirements
- How Long Does it Take?
The business seeking to employ you must:
- still be actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- genuinely need you to work in the nominated position under its direct control, and have the capacity to employ you in this position for at least two years
The position to be filled must:
- be full-time and available for at least 2 years from the time your visa is granted
- be an occupation included on the current Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- have a salary that is:
- at least $53,900 per year (excluding any non-monetary benefits) AND
- at least the annual market salary rate (AMSR) for your nominated
- be subject to conditions of employment (other than earnings) that are no worse than those that apply (or would apply) to Australians performing equivalent work in the same location.
As the visa applicant, you must:
- have held one of the following visas to work on a full-time basis in the nominated position (or a very closely related position) for the nominating employer in Australia for at least 3 years during the last 4 years:
- subclass 457 Temporary Work (Skilled) visa OR
- subclass 482 Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in the Medium-term stream OR
- subclass 482 TSS visa in the Short-term stream, if on 18 April 2017 you held (or had applied for, and were subsequently granted) a subclass 457 visa
- be genuinely performing the tasks of your nominated occupation
- have competent English.
- hold a valid passport issued by the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland (and you are a citizen of that country) OR
- an IELTS test score of at least 6 in EACH test component OR
- an OET test score of at least B in EACH test component OR
- a TOEFL iBT test score of at least 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking OR
- a PTE test score of at least 50 in EACH test component OR
- a CAE (C1 Advanced) test score of at least 169 in EACH test component
- be under 45 years of age (unless exempt from this requirement)
- meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements
- satisfy the relevant health and character criteria
Stage 1: Nomination Application
This application is lodged with the DHA on behalf of your employer, and relates to the skilled position that you have been offered, which must meet the requirements referred to above. Your employer is required to supply documents to the DHA in support of this application, the nature and extent of which will vary depending upon the particular circumstances of the business.
Stage 2: Visa Application
Your visa application is lodged with the DHA either at the same time as the nomination application, or within six months of the DHA’s approval of the nomination. The main criterion is that you fulfil the above requirements, including the standard health and character checks.
Once the DHA has approved both applications, you will be granted a permanent visa. You may be in Australia or outside Australia when your visa is granted.
Want to get the ball rolling and get started on you Permanent Residence Subclass 186 TRT application? Of course you do! Book your free telephone or Zoom consultation now! Click here to book.