One of the biggest advantages of applying for a Subclass 186 Direct Entry visa is that you do not have to spend three years with the same employer before applying.
The minimum requirements of the Direct Entry stream of this visa are set out below:
The business seeking to employ you must:
- be actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- genuinely need you to work in the nominated position under its direct control, and,
- have the capacity to employ you in this position for at least two years
The position to be filled must:
- be full-time and available for at least 2 years from the time your visa is granted
- be an occupation included on the current Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- be subject to conditions of employment that are no worse than those that apply (or would apply) to Australians performing equivalent work in the same location.
- have a salary that is:
- at least $53,900 per year (excluding any non-monetary benefits) AND
- at least the annual market salary rate (AMSR) for your nominated occupation
NOTE: Certain occupations on this list will be subject to additional requirements (e.g. salary, type of business operated by the employer, nature of the position). Please contact us for further details based on your particular circumstances.
As the visa applicant, you must (unless a specific exemption applies in any case):
- have competent English (e.g. IELTS 6) or
- hold a valid passport issued by the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland (and you are a citizen of that country)
- have your skills assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation by the relevant skills assessing authority
- have at least three years of full-time experience in your nominated occupation
- be under 45 years of age
- meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements for your occupation
Stage 1: Nomination Application
This application is lodged with the DHA on behalf of your employer, and relates to the skilled position that you have been offered, which must meet the requirements referred to above.
Your employer is required to supply documents to the DHA in support of this application, the nature and extent of which will vary depending upon the particular circumstances of the business.
Stage 2: Visa Application
Your visa application is lodged on your behalf with the DHA either at the same time as the nomination application or within six months of the DHA’s approval of the nomination.
The main criterion is that you fulfil the above requirements, including standard health and character checks.
Once the DHA has approved both applications, you will be granted a permanent visa.
You may be in Australia or outside Australia when your visa is granted.
Want to get the ball rolling and get started on you Permanent Residence Subclass 186 Direct Entry application? Of course you do! Book your consultation now! Click here to book.