One of the biggest advantages of applying for a Subclass 186 Direct Entry visa is that you do not have to spend three years with the same employer before applying.
The minimum requirements of the Direct Entry stream of this visa are set out below:
The business seeking to employ you must:
- be actively and lawfully operating in Australia
- genuinely need you to work in the nominated position under its direct control, and have the capacity to employ you in this position for at least two years
The position to be filled must be:
- be full-time and available for at least 2 years from the time your visa is granted
- be an occupation included on the current Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL)
- be subject to conditions of employment (other than earnings) that are no worse than those that apply (or would apply) to Australians performing equivalent work in the same location.
NOTE: Certain occupations on this list will be subject to additional requirements (e.g. salary, type of business operated by employer, nature of position). Please contact us for further details based on your particular circumstances.
- have a salary that is:
- at least $53,900 per year (excluding any non-monetary benefits) AND
- at least the annual market salary rate (AMSR) for your nominated occupation
- be subject to conditions of employment (other than earnings) that are no worse than those that apply (or would apply) to Australians performing equivalent work in the same location
As the visa applicant, you must (unless a specific exemption applies in any case):
- have competent English.
- hold a valid passport issued by the UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand or the Republic of Ireland (and you are a citizen of that country) OR
- an IELTS test score of at least 6 in EACH test component OR
- an OET test score of at least B in EACH test component OR
- a TOEFL iBT test score of at least 12 for listening, 13 for reading, 21 for writing and 18 for speaking OR
- a PTE test score of at least 50 in EACH test component OR
- a CAE test score of at least 169 in EACH test component
- have your skills assessed as suitable for your nominated occupation by the relevant skills assessing authority
- have at least three years of full-time experience in your nominated occupation
- be under 45 years of age
- meet any mandatory licensing, registration or professional membership requirements
Stage 1: Nomination Application
This application is lodged with theDHA on behalf of your employer, and relates to the skilled position that you have been offered, which must meet the requirements referred to above. Your employer is required to supply documents to the DHA in support of this application, the nature and extent of which will vary depending upon the particular circumstances of the business.
Stage 2: Visa Application
Your visa application is lodged with the DHA either at the same time as the nomination application, or within six months of the DHA’s approval of the nomination. The main criterion is that you fulfil the above requirements, including the standard health and character checks.
Once the DHA has approved both applications, you will be granted a permanent visa. You may be in Australia or outside Australia when your visa is granted.
Want to get the ball rolling and get started on you Permanent Residence Subclass 186 Direct Entry application? Of course you do! Book your free telephone or Zoom consultation now! Click here to book.